Absinthe is known for its strong and unique flavour. It’s usually added in small amounts to cocktails and drinks, where even a little can make a big impact. When used just right, it can transform any drink into something truly memorable. But have you ever wondered how absinthe pairs with pineapple? Is it a good match?
Absolutely! The intense anise flavour of absinthe surprisingly complements the sweet and tangy taste of pineapple, creating a drink that’s wonderfully balanced and delightful. We have not one, but two fantastic cocktail recipes for you to try. Of course, there’s also nothing stopping you from getting creative and inventing your own concoctions. Once you figure out the ideal blend of absinthe and pineapple, the possibilities are endless and experimenting becomes a lot of fun. Sometimes the best drinks come from experimenting and making mistakes, so have fun and enjoy.
Join me as we make an Absinthe Colada!
- 1 oz absinthe
- 1/2 oz rhum agricole
- 1 teaspoon crème de menthe
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut syrup (To make your own: combine 1 cup of coconut cream and 1/3 cup of coconut milk. Heat over medium heat while stirring until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.)
- Garnish: bouquet of mint.
- Begin by adding all the specified ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until the mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Strain the mixture over crushed ice, pouring it into a glass of your choice.
- Complete the presentation by garnishing your drink with a fresh bouquet of mint or any other garnish that you prefer.
Want another one? Of course you do.
Let’s make a Fairy Godmother Absinthe Cocktail
- 1 oz absinthe
- 3/4 oz elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 oz pineapple juice (fresh or unsweetened if bottled/canned)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all the listed ingredients.
- Fill the shaker about 3/4 full with ice.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for approximately 12 seconds, ensuring it becomes nicely chilled.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a glass of your choice. You can also add a large chunk of ice to the glass if you prefer.
- Savor and enjoy the delightful concoction you’ve created!
In the end, whether you prefer our handpicked cocktails or decide to explore your own mixing skills, you can’t go wrong with the blend of absinthe and pineapple. Both flavours are known to be intense, so the combination is a wonderful balance. Do you want to dance with the fairies? The trick to this elusive drink is to do it right. Don’t go overboard. This is not a drink for the fainthearted, and people forget just how strong it is. Remember, it’s a beautiful balance of flavours that’s going to take a bit of playing around to get just right. But you’ll sure have fun trying!